How do I set up an appointment with Advanced Medical Associates?
To set up an appointment, please contact the office at 419-474-4700.
What medical conditions are considered medical marijuana conditions in Ohio?
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Epilepsy or Seizure Disorder
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intractable Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Positive Status for HIV
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Spinal Cord Injury Disease
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Ulcerative Colitis
Why do I need to have a physician sign and date an ‘’Attending Physician’s Statement” form? Why can’t I just provide my medical records?
According to the Ohio Medical Marijuana Act (OMMA), a physician must state in writing that the patient has a qualifying debilitating medical condition and that medical marijuana may mitigate the symptoms or effects of that condition.
What medical documentation should I bring?
We ask that you bring current records regarding your medically-certifiable condition.
How can I obtain my medical records?
Call your physician or the hospital where you received treatment and tell them you need copies of your medical records. They will tell you the process for obtaining your medical records and usually will have you sign an authorization from to release the records.
Do I need to be referred to Advanced Medical Associates by another physician?
What exactly do I get if I receive a certification from Advanced Medical Associates?
A qualified patient with the required medical marijuana documents will receive a signed State Certification form that allows them to apply for the Medical Marijuana Identification Card from the State of Ohio with the approval of your treating physician(s).
How long will the certification last?
Certifications are valid for one year, although patient must be seen for a follow-up determined by doctor.
How do I register as a medical marijuana patient with the state?
‘’Qualifying patients’’ must register with the Ohio Department of Health, 246 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43215.
To register, the patient must submit the following information via the Registry Form:
- An application or renewal fee;
- The name, address and birth date of the qualifying patient;
- The name, address and telephone number of the qualifying patient’s physician;
- The name, address and birth date of the qualifying patient’s caregiver, if any;
- Written and signed document by the physician that the person is a qualifying patient.
Where can I get the Ohio Medical Marijuana Registry Form?
On our Form pages you will find a link to the Ohio Medical Marijuana registry form.
Will my insurance company cover the certification process, consultation or medical marijuana application?
What is the cost to apply for a medical marijuana permit?
- In addition to the State of Ohio’s fee for registration, Advanced Medical Associates charges a $200 fee at the time of the physician visit and for the review and certification process.